Reply to post: I Love SCSI!!!

Who needs the A-Team or MacGyver when there's a techie with an SCSI cable?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

I Love SCSI!!!

Call me old fashioned but I love SCSI! The amount of today’s ‘techs’ or ‘sysadmins’ that have no idea how to properly configure a SCSI chain is laughable! Most know how to plug in a SAS/SATA drive as it requires next to no configuration whatsoever, but place a SCSI or IDE drive in front of them & they get confused. Most wouldn’t even know what the additional pins are for next to the data & power connections on a SATA/SAS drive also! I still use an Adaptec 39320UW controller in one of my home servers & have never had any issues with connecting any devices to it. Only time I would change it would be for a M.2 backplane that could run multiple NVMe drives off it - but that will never be available so looks like I will be running the SCSI chain until it finally dies. The same server does also have a hot swap SAS backplane running on a PERC/5 controller that I have populated with large SATA drives purely for the storage capacity (instead of running multiple servers & making the electricity company executives much richer than they already are!)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon