Reply to post:

'Windows Vista' spotted doing a whoopsie over EE's signage

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Never? Mecer is a South African brand (that's where I've seen it in the wild) that makes stuff that looks like it was reverse engineered from a generic stock photo of a laptop / PC?

My experience with Mecer stuff is that it generally stinks. Every time I come across their kit, I dread it. It's almost always low spec, badly constructed and cheap. Deffo "Made for African Market".

Awful kit. I have to thank them though. Because it sucks, I have a decent amount of demand for taking good stuff from Dell UK out there once a year.

Compliments the WiFi kit I also take out there due to strict WiFi regulations in ZA.

It's a shame ZA stopped the registration of new closed corporations for non-ZA citizens...I could have cleaned up out there doing remote support alone.

I hope Britain does a solid trade deal with ZA on service provision because I'm poised and ready to invade and take a chunk of the IT support work.

ZA techies...the Brits are coming. Get ready for aggressive flat rate pricing, extreme SLAs and efficient knowledgeable techies landing on the beaches and charging at your "kek" infrastructure.

Mecer PCs, off brand obscure DSL modems with 10 year old firmware, crap fibre/network cabling, piss poor electrical wiring....it's all up for grabs. All we need to do is not charge by the second, not turn up 14 days late with a threat of a large bill if we discover it's the customers fault (despite supplying shit equipment in the first place) and source high quality kit at reasonable prices.

WE. CAN. DO. IT.

We can save South Africa from its crap IT.

Translation for the locals:

Shoh bru, we'll bring hectic IT for you. Lekker tech that won't make your business kek.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon