Reply to post:

GitLab can proclaim diversity all it likes, but it seems to have a real problem keeping women on staff or in management

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Well let's do an interesting bit of research.

We know that approx 20% of roles in the tech industry are held by women.

But can someone point me to the statistic for the percentage of applicants that are female?

Nobody has ever quoted that.

I'm willing to bet that it's proportionally lower than 20%.

If it is, then women are going gangbusters in terms of getting into tech, they're beating the odds and are far more likely to be hired than men.

If more than 20% of applicants are female, then we can call out the industry for having a problem.

Personally, I find it appalling that I've never bumped into a sysadmin from French Polynesia they're even less represented than women. Disgraceful. Based on the typical rationale of the media they must be applying for the jobs...but getting rejected because they're Polynesian. White males over 50 clearly have it in for Polynesians and it has to stop.

As a white 35 year old male, I have conceded (based on popular opinion) that I am inferior to all other races and genders and therefore I don't deserve a job and should spend my life getting out of the way of minorities.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon