Reply to post:

Very little helps: Tesco flashes ancient Windows desktop on Scan-As-You-Shop device

The Oncoming Scorn Silver badge
Coat

Used the Safeway in Bridport in the 90's that was trailing this scan as you shop, thought it was brilliant, got "audited" once & I think we missed one item insofar that there was a ghost purchase that we had put back on the shelf, but not from the virtual cart.

That said, the still not quite ex Mrs Oncoming Storm, would still take 90 minutes to do a big shop after she finished her late night shift at Sainsburys, coming home at around 2.30am. In later years my poor father did his weekly shop with her (Well rather him than me) taking 2 hours & upward at peak times. Mainly due to her habit of seeing what was on the shopping list & following it literally

When she was incapacitated due to surgery, I managed to get in & out of Tesco in about 55 mins on a busy wet Saturday afternoon which I took as a badge of honor, not that she was impressed as a few items were missed (Nothing vital & easily obtained from the aforementioned nearer Sainsburys in off peak).

Icon - Looking for the shopping list in me coat, ahhh well just work without it then.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon