Reply to post: Re: Seven years, not four

Not call, dude: UK govt says guaranteed surcharge-free EU roaming will end after Brexit transition period. Brits left at the mercy of networks

Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Re: Seven years, not four

I think you'll have to try a bit harder, and find something that (a) actually gets bandied about, (b) is clearly derogatory and (c) isn't used mostly by the people it refers to.

Last time I checked, stating that someone is sceptical about something isn't exactly critical and belittling, unlike the obvious intent behind terms like "remoaner" and "snowflake". Add to this, the fact that I have literally never heard the word "Euros[k|c]eptic" used in the way you allude to. Where it has been used (and the earliest reference I can find is in the Spectator in the 1970s), it's always, as far as I am aware, in a dry and dispassionate journalistic sense. Not that you'll find much dispassionate journalism around these days, but that's another matter. Anyway, your complaint that people you disagree with say "eurosceptic" and that makes it okay to go round name-calling really is quite an obvious straw-man.

1/10 - must try harder.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon