Reply to post: Seriously Cheesed Off !

Remember that Sonos speaker you bought a few years back that works perfectly? It's about to be screwed for... reasons

CLB

Seriously Cheesed Off !

I wrote to SONOS last night. Fury does not come close to my reaction upon hearing the news of the: “Oh-we're-making-your-system-obsolete-after-not-even-seven-years”. I've read the threads, I've analysed the public announcements, but none of it can possibly excuse the gross abuse of SONOS. Firstly, there is the very big question about their marketing strategy. Actually, cancel that. They clearly do not have one. Secondly, has anyone looked into the ecological cost of ditching all that hardware? I have 9 Speakers, 2 Subwoofers, 2 Bridges, and an additional hub that supports my outdoor system. WTF am I supposed to do with that lot? Just bin it? Has anyone at SONOS looked into their CSR policy in respect of obsolete hardware? No. Lastly, and this is my biggest beef with this bunch of extortionists, I have spent more than GBP12K on my SONOS system and recommended it to scores of friends. A lifetime of my music is loaded onto a central drive, specifically to make my SONOS...well, MY SONOS!

I will NOT buy any APPLE product for these exact reasons - they are a bunch of commercial mercenaries. Destroying choice, all manner of consumer rights and above all, extorting money for a cul-de-sac of products and services.

When I first opted for SONOS, I felt I was supporting the underdog. Bose still didn't cut it, my B&O had to be customised at great expense, and my favourite Singaporean sound system had been destroyed in a Californian Court by none other than APPLE almost a decade earlier. Now, I feel right-royally betrayed for supporting SONOS. How dare you treat me with such abandon! I am your customer. I am your stock price. Now, I am your public enemy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon