Reply to post: Re: dwindling pool

No Mo'zilla for about 100 techies today: Firefox maker lays off staff as boss talks of 'difficult choices' and funding

Snake Silver badge

Re: dwindling pool

"I'm a proud FF user. It's the only one that really allows me to pick, test and choose from a vast number of privacy based add-ins and options to help stop my browsing and data being raped by all in-sundry such as MS, Google and Opera. I'm also a fan of the numerous forks such as Waterfox."

This. I stick with Firefox personally, even though I've had to install Chrome for the [other] users in my office that I manage, is strictly due to privacy: NoScript, Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin. Meanwhile, I just discovered this very day that one of my Chrome users picked up a trojan (which his system, converted to Win10 just this week, found and quarantined) but, if I tell said user (the boss) this is why *I* use Firefox, he'll still believe he knows more than I, I'll have to listen to him blather off, and I get nowhere.

So, I shut up and put up with his righteousness.

Firefox could be great. In the meanwhile, we users put up with "pretty good", because they've been both too arrogant and too stubborn to listen to users and do what we want out of them, not what they think is best for us.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon