Reply to post: Re: Nothing new here

Tea tipplers are more likely to live longer, healthier lives than you triple venti pumpkin-syrup soy-milk latte-swilling fiends

Jan 0 Silver badge

Re: Nothing new here

That linked article is a pretty good summary of the pros and cons of fluoride water treatment, from a mid twentieth century viewpoint. The author strays from neutrality by careful use of pejorative words like pollution (like weeds, pollution is something that's not owanted in particular contexts.) Pretending that FSA is something frightening, but carefully not revealing what FSA is. (Fluorosilicic acid. OOH! It's an acid! Run for the hills. Err wait, I've got acid in my stomach;) If FSA is contaminated with arsenic, then it requires further treatment, not abandonment.

Flaming Death, via Frank Zelko, seems to think that we should have waited until the 21st century before introducing fluoride for the prevention of tooth decay. I'd like to know how much chemistry Frank Zelko has been taught.

In the light of 21st century knowledge, we can now further optimise the use of this frightening pollutant:). Does Flaming Death have a better plan to optimise fluoride levels in humans?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020