Reply to post: Re: Ah, first world issues

Tragedy: CES squeeze forces frequent flier hotshots into economy hell

Joe W Silver badge

Re: Ah, first world issues

I actually got upgraded a few times - though only once when crossing the atlantic. Never occurred to me to take that for granted (and I did fly a lot back then, unfortunately had to). I'm really happy that this madness is over. Flying is inconvient, uncomfortable, the "security" theatre is a hassle, fellow passengers are mostly ignorant and selfish and schlepp huge f'ing suitcases into the cabin (that are much bigger than what would be allowed) and then complain that there is no room for them. The official line is actually that "bulky and heavy items should go under your seat" - and if your suitcase is too big to go under your seat it is not a carry-on!

Sorry, I needed that.

Feel much better now.

(oh, and don't get me started about the entitled brats in business class, talk to flight attendants: those are some of the worst passengers - they feel they are special because their boss paid for that flight. In contrast those in first class seem to be really relaxed, I was told, it was their own money and they paid it to be left well alone).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon