Reply to post:

Starliner: Boeing, Boeing... it's back! Borked capsule makes a successful return to Earth

JimboSmith Silver badge

A one time colleague of mine took an order for hardware from a customer. This was for stock that was sitting in the warehouse so should have been a quick ship aka a no brainer. However said colleague (I'll call him Bernard) had failed to state that it was to come from the UK warehouse when placing the order. An email from the fulfillment boss asking for clarification was ignored because Bernard didn't understand the issue and then went on Holiday. I was asked in his absence to fix everything because the client was in need of the stuff ASAP.

Bernard returned to the office after his holiday to be summoned by the boss. His defence was that he'd done 'almost' everything correctly "90% right and that's not bad." The boss said unless the customer actually receives the items 90% is equal to zero. Commission was split 50-50 with myself and Bernard the latter complaining this wasn't fair. He shut up after another error was found with another order. He became known as Mr 90%

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon