Reply to post: Re: Weasel words even weasels don't dare say

Tracking President Trump with cellphone location data, Greta-Thunberg-themed malware, SharePoint patch, and more

ThatOne Silver badge

Re: Weasel words even weasels don't dare say

> The malware was (only) discovered

True, but I wasn't speaking about them specifically. That "We take your ... very seriously" is a standard phrase we've heard dozens of times in the last years, every time a big SNAFU was unveiled. It's a generic soothing mantra, not a statement about a given situation. It's of the same condescending and noncommittal family as the "Don't worry your little heads about this...".

> Everyone has to say "we take <BLAH> seriously"

While I admit the necessity of making a statement, I don't agree on the wording. I would simply say something along the lines of "Sorry, we messed up (or got caught with our pants down), we will try to make sure this won't happen again". Something a normal human would say. The standardized and clearly dishonest mantra about valuing the customer is really insulting.

I don't know, maybe there are indeed people naive enough to actually feel flattered by those cookie-cutter lies, but I'm sure the vast majority just feels made fun of, because what counts is the everyday actions, not the once-in-a-while-when-hard-pressed declarations of eternal love and commitment.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon