Reply to post: Re: Dynamo Dan, the Electric Man

Why is the printer spouting nonsense... and who on earth tried to wire this plug?

Martin-73 Silver badge
Pint

Re: Dynamo Dan, the Electric Man

A little late but your description is EXACTLY what happened to me on my reply to the same thread. Had hold of a live in my right hand, but fibreglass work platform prevented any nasty tingly feelings (dry vinyl floor, rubber feet on a fibreglass frame)... until I used my left hand to try to manoeuvre the earth wire into place. That's when my world became very slow, very hurty, and very vibratey... I think in retrospect either my head or my eyeball muscles must have been vibrating. I felt EVERY SINGLE one of those sinusoidal voltage spikes. And I would not wish that feeling on my worst enemy, not even a political opponent :( Just thankful that DUMB luck saved my arse

I believe NZ at one time shared the same design of lighting junction box, with the 4 hexagonal shaped pillars with grub screws in them. I had the hexagon shape of the L one etched in the ball of my right thumb for 3 weeks in slightly dead flesh. The left hand fared better because i had a better grip (IE lower resistance connection). I was f*cking lucky.

A pint for both of us coz i need it now remembering that

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon