Reply to post: Re: I don't get it...

Buzz kill: Crook, 73, conned investors into shoveling millions into geek-friendly caffeine-loaded chocs that didn't exist. Now he's in jail

Kiwi
Gimp

Re: I don't get it...

Or just drink coffee while you eat your chocolates.

You could also dunk/drop a chocolate bar into your coffee, or use chocolate milk, or.... :)

You used to be able to buy caffeinated soap, too. (Caffeine is a small molecule that's readily absorbed through the skin.) For all I know that product is still available. It was never more than a novelty.

There was/is one the Lynx gift boxes with a chocolate and a coffee body wash. It wasn't too bad either, though not something I'd buy myself. I did get some very funny looks when I told people I'd washed myself with chocolate.

I doubt it had any enhanced cleaning or skin-care benefits, and while I did feel different to my normal soap after it, I think it's because it's something I did on special occasions[1] so added to the event. I suspect overall it was a marketing ploy aimed at the sort of chocoholic[2] who'd like to bathe in the stuff!

Icon --> I hear a gimp suit goes well with full-body chocolate... I have weird friends..

[1] I know many people who cannot grasp the concept of keeping some things 'special'. Even though we grew up very poor, we had some nice dinnerware and table stuff that only came out on birthdays and another set that only came out on Christmas day, These sorts of little things helped make special occasions that much more special, rather than just being any other day using any other ordinary things. Some people just have no smarts I guess.

[2] Kinda surprised the spell check (NZ English) never even hinted at questioning this! I didn't realise we were so bad over here.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon