Reply to post: Re: Mercedes

Buzz kill: Crook, 73, conned investors into shoveling millions into geek-friendly caffeine-loaded chocs that didn't exist. Now he's in jail

Kiwi
Devil

Re: Mercedes

"This Sorento has only 47,000 miles and comes with a license plate frame advertising our dealership!"

I've never understood people letting stealers advertise on their vehicles. Do they reduce the price or something for the priviledge of turning you and your wheels into a mobile billboard for them?

The few cars I've had have come direct from the previous owner (actually the same for all but one of my bikes, and that was a parts bike), but if I ever was to buy from a stealer one thing I'd be making quite certain of... Any thing with your name on it is advertising which you will pay me for. Each item is at cost per week while the car is 'road legal' - registration holders $50, number plate surrounds $100/ea, company logo on glass other than front/rear windows, $500/ea, emblazoned across the rear window $1000, and visible on or through the front windscreen $10,000/wk. Don't want to pay, make it go away.

Since I'm someone who likes few existing features in a car (preferring to bring my own stereo/speakers (last lot worth more than the car they're in) and I prefer to run my own circuits for 'extras' (rather than stuff hanging off inappropriate circuits in weird places), any car I buy is likely to be one they'd have a hard time moving anyway.

Icon coz it does kinda look like a car...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon