Reply to post: Happy Gemini Android user, now a happier Cosmo user!

Cosmo Communicator: More phone than the Gemini, more pocket computer than phone

pdtpoet

Happy Gemini Android user, now a happier Cosmo user!

I missed my Psion Mx 5 series terribly. The Gemini allowed me to once again access that wonderful keyboard (on a device smaller than the Psion) and with a very nice screen. No other instrument that small has allowed me the productivity the Gemini has. The only drawbacks were that the processor was a bit slow and that the keyboard was not backlit. Planet asked all of us backers what we would like to see on the Cosmo, and all 3 lead needs, a front screen, a usable camera, and a backlit keyboard (as well as a faster processor and Android 9) are included in the Cosmo.

I have now used the Cosmo as a productivity device (and backup phone) and the backlit keyboard is wonderful so that I can type now in complete darkness - a boon on planes and in dark lecture halls. I have not used the 24-MP camera yet. The faster processor is great. Planet is paying attention and have already flashed 2 firmware updates for managing the front display optimally. I think they have the potential to be a niche company in the phone/computer world if more people who miss their Psion just buy the device. It is a wonderful culmination of the Phone/PDA hybrid vision.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon