Reply to post: Re: NHS ...... ENGLAND?????

Revealed: NHS England bosses meet with tech and pharmaceutical giants to discuss price list of millions of Brits' medical data

Intractable Potsherd

Re: NHS ...... ENGLAND?????

@anti-Scottish AC: I'm currently visiting friends in London. Several of them are seriously considering moving to Scotland now as a result of there being so many "thick racists" in England (and when I say "seriously", it is nitty-gritty about where to move and how the process works etc), and others say that if Scotland got independence they'd move the to stay in the EU (I know, there's no guarantee of that happening, but the belief is that the Scots won't jump before having agreements in place - so, not the "Brexit model"). Whilst some of the talk is still just that, immigration from the EU and rUK could significantly increase Scotland tax base - or we could reach 10 million people, we'd be more than self-sufficient, especially without the huge amount of e.g. military spending (Scotland would almost certainly go for defensive, not offensive, capacity.)

In short, you want us to go, we want to go - why are the Tories refusing another referendum, especially since it would dramatically increase their proportion of power (hah - you hadn't thought of that, had you? Scottish independence means more Tory rule in England!)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon