Reply to post: Links

Why is the printer spouting nonsense... and who on earth tried to wire this plug?

irrelevant

Links

Place I used to work occupied the upstairs of a two storey building that had obviously been a single unit originally, before being extended sideways and then eventually split horizontally . There was only the one incoming mains, and one meter for both upstairs and downstairs. This made working out the electric bill with the neighbours "interesting". What was worse was the half dozen or so different fuse boxes spread all over the building, often feeding sockets or lights in the other half or other level! But the icing on the cake was a loose 1.5mm T+E near the meter that, on investigation, linked between two circuits which were otherwise separately fused in different boxes in different locations.. It made isolating the circuits something of a puzzle until I found it. I can only assume that at some point a fuse had blown, but access to the other box wasn't possible, and this was added to get the circuit live again quickly, and never removed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon