Reply to post: Re: From Experience (and In Hindsight)...

Remember the Dutch kid who stuck his finger in a dam to save the village? Here's the IT equivalent

Kiwi
Pint

Re: From Experience (and In Hindsight)...

It's also a rotary encoder type, not an olde worlde potentiometer. One has merely to breathe at it in the wrong direction, and it will turn the volume to '11'

I hate those myself. Never seen a use for them where volume controls are concerned (use them happily in other applications though). An annoying one on my car radio, sometimes when I've been out on the motorway or other noisier environments I've got it turned up when I stop. Next time I get in the car and remember that, and would be real nice to be able to turn it down before I turn the key on but no, some twat had to take an otherwise-decent JVC and stick one of those things in a stupid place.

Still, could be worse. Could be one of these imbecilic touch-screen-only models (actually my car radio would never be one of those because I'd take great pains (preferably on the person who designed it) to NOT have one in there, even if it means going without a car.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon