Reply to post: Re: Sigh

Elon Musk gets thumbs up from jury for use of 'pedo guy' in cave diver defamation lawsuit

Danny 2

Re: Sigh

@Malcolm

Unsworth gets a free pass for his comment because he was risking his life in an extremely stressful situation (underground, trying to rescue children) and he knew all the factors.

While Musk was safe in his penthouse or boardroom or whatever and to say he was trying to help is a charitable interpretation. It seemed to me at the time, as an observer, that he was just self-publicising. However even if you think Musk was trying to help then he should have shut up when his help was rejected. He should not have falsely smeared a man risking his life to save children as a child rapist. It's not equivalent, it's immoral and my only only confusion is why you can't see this.

If I was a billionaire whose suggestion had been rejected, however profanely, I'd have stepped up and donated a million or so to fund the volunteers and the drilling of mine shafts that were going on. Anyone could have done that - nobody except the local poor and the local government did.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon