Reply to post: Is it just me, or is the idea of forcing people to the cloud adding to the issues?

Gee, S/4HANA. Just what I always wanted: Customers are wary of what's in SAP's sack

Giovani Tapini

Is it just me, or is the idea of forcing people to the cloud adding to the issues?

I am fairly sure, after having managed a number of different ERP solutions that they are bristling with interfaces, batch processing, and other e-bondings that moving them to the cloud - even to the same version - would be an incalculable exercise in its own right - with zero added business value - or potentially negative if you have a good team running the environment already.

The upgrade itself, once you are on the cloud is "hidden" therefore what would have been assessed under internal change controls happens under cloud "magic" and therefore can massively increase the test complexity, at best, and at worst, be devastating to your business (TSB style)…

Have SAP lost sight of the sort of businesses they supply to? If you are going for a full system replacement type project, I would also be asking... should the solution be SAP again, or are there alternatives?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon