Reply to post: Re: Surprised

Elon Musk gets thumbs up from jury for use of 'pedo guy' in cave diver defamation lawsuit

Flocke Kroes Silver badge

Re: Surprised

Not surprising at all. Under US law the comment was clearly protected free speech. The verdict has nothing to do with favouritism. It only has a little to do with money: any competent lawyer would have got that result but lack of a competent lawyer might not have. Musk has sufficient money that he can waste it on legal fees and is sufficiently out of touch with reality that he is convinced he won something.

An apology would have been much cheaper and have been a partial step towards healing the massive damage he did to his own credibility and reputation. That "My faith in humanity is restored" rubbish shows he does not realise he is already neck deep in a PR shit hole and I am sure he embarrass with more arsehole behaviour even though it is long past time to stop digging. Perhaps he can avoid a fine for his next "funding secured" tweet with an "everyone knows my tweets are even less factual than Trump's" defence.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon