Reply to post: SAP be Damned...

Customers in 'standoff' with SAP over 2025 end of support for Business Suite: Who'll blink first?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

SAP be Damned...

How many people here actually use it day-to-day? It's completely awful.

We used to have out own in-house systems for processing PRs, web based, a few clicks, done in seconds......Now in SAP our procurement team has a 2 WEEK SLA in which to convert a PR to a PO and place the order to the vendor.

I have to process "Service PO" for monthy invoices, line rentals etc.....approving each invoice or "SES" line is a simple case of;

Login to SAP

Go to the SES approval screen..

Find the unlabelled and impossibly small button that allows you to enter a PO number with an icon that is incomprehensible to the uninitiated victim

Find the unapproved "red circle" SES line in the mess of other lines it gives you for that PO (but it also does not auto expand or highlight the unapproved stuff - so you have to search line by line to find it)

Highlight the "red circle"

Click the "Harry Potter Glasses" button

Click on approve

A Text box appears, type "CM" here for no good reason that I can think of.

Click OK

Your Red Circle becomes Yellow Triangle (we are close now...stick with it)

CLICK SAVE - Jesus Christ make sure you click save....or your Yellow triangle will not become a green square and you are back to the start.

This must be done for each Invoice and if you have multiple lines on an Invoice allocated to different cost centres, you could have 10-20 lines for a single invoice. Easily 10-15 mins just clicking......

Before all this pain, i used to login to a site, see a copy of the invoice - click an approve button and get on with my day. Progress, eh......

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon