Reply to post: A different model to most.

It's Hipp to be square: What happened when SQLite creator met GitHub

Tim99 Silver badge

A different model to most.

I think that Richard has a point. SQLite is one of the more/most used software projects in the Public Domain. As on their website the software copyright is:-

"Open-Source, not Open-Contribution

SQLite is open-source, meaning that you can make as many copies of it as you want and do whatever you want with those copies, without limitation. But SQLite is not open-contribution. In order to keep SQLite in the public domain and ensure that the code does not become contaminated with proprietary or licensed content, the project does not accept patches from unknown persons.

All of the code in SQLite is original, having been written specifically for use by SQLite. No code has been copied from unknown sources on the internet."

They have 3 developers/commiters so, presumably, keeping track of the project is not that difficult, vs the small but quite complex Git hosted BSD project, Dragonfly, which has about 20 times that number.

Caveat: I am now retired, but used SQLite an a number of projects. I still find it useful to do the heavy lifting on the data from a number of large spreadsheets that I am sent as a volunteer ISO assessor.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon