Reply to post: Re: Yeah right...

Tory chancellor pledges to review IR35 rollout in UK private sector – just like all the other parties

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Yeah right...

@Teiwaz

"It's a circle, got too far right or too far left and you end up at the same place."

That I can agree with.

"Actually, the zone of optimum freedom and liberty is extremely narrow on the political spectrum"

Something lost with increased authoritarianism. Something which has been occurring (e.g. war on terror) yet no option to reduce state interference seems available.

"I'm increasingly of the opinion the entire political edifice needs pulling down like an unsafe building and something less structurally unsound created in it's place."

The danger of the rebuild of government is the usual that happens almost everywhere. The people who get in are worse. Reducing it back down to an accountable size is most likely to succeed if it is done before the gov is too authoritarian.

"@Codejunky - The idea that the tories are sitting on the same point as new labour was on the spectrum, is laughable, but I notice your writing style has begun to resemble Bombastic Bobs, so maybe that's just another symptom of your malaise."

Or you are a boiling frog. Tory energy price caps, more gov spending than brown (who pissed money away), increasing minimum wage and so on. I know labour lean so far left they have almost fallen over and 'NuLabour' have retrospectively been labelled 'blue labour' but that would make these guys at least red tories if not outright left of centre.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon