Reply to post:

UK parcel firm Yodel plugs tracking app's random yaps about where on map to snap up strangers' tat

Boris the Cockroach Silver badge

Quote:

Was it too hard to match the number on the address with the number on the buzzer? Or was two flights of stairs too many?

The reason is very simple.... they give the delivery drivers X number of minutes to do each delivery, if the driver is running late because of traffic or any other reason, its easier to take a picture of the door and falsely claim you tried to deliver, then move onto the next address

Its not recent, the open university changed from using parcel farce to a.n.other delivery 'service' (thats hopefully gone bust), my OU package was sent... due to be delivered.... I heard the van pull up outside, got a card saying sorry you were'nt in and the van drove off within 15 secs before I'd even managed to get to the front door...... and while parcel farce were shite, at least the depot to get my parcel was within walking distance and not NORTHAMPTON.. as the card said my parcel had gone back to their main depot.

Still .. you get what you pay for.....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon