Reply to post: Re: there are still companies that can't handle customer issues

Bose customers beg for firmware ceasefire after headphones fall victim to another crap update

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: there are still companies that can't handle customer issues

I think you're holding the lunette the wrong way wrong, this is a growing trend (if not mainstream) trend to handle customer issues: if complain, ignore. If keep complaining, ignore. If still keep complaining, ban them on your forums, otherwise, ignore. Only if it becomes massive and widespread, do they companies take notice, and come up with the 2nd line of defence: "performance of our products and customer satisfaction is our top priority" (in plain English: ignore, and see what happens. If the "valued customers" have shifted to other daily dramas, as they would after a day or two - WIN). Only if they KEEP complaining and this starts making rounds, THEN - spend money to fix it, to remove the risk of "damage to reputation".

And, frankly speaking, this works for Bose, I have heard people complaining about Bose products since, well, at least late 1990s, when I started having enough spare money to value good sound. It's 2019 - people keep complaining, Bose keep going...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon