Reply to post: Re: Selective deafness

Complete with keyboard and actual, literal, 'physical' escape key: Apple emits new 16" $2.4k+ MacBook Pro

antonyh

Re: Selective deafness

This.

I have a Dell XPS15 that was a full grand cheaper than the equivalent MacBook Pro, and yet has all the sockets (USB-A, SD card, and so on. It has a power light that I can see when it's closed. It has a battery status button. It's user-serviceable for upgrades. It has a high resolution screen with a wide colour gamut. Keyboard is ok, would like more travel not less (1mm is too shallow). It's way better value. Even if price wasn't a consideration, I'd still chose the Dell over the Apple machine.

OSX/MacOS is dead to me, it's not worth a £1000 extra per machine, and there's so little I want to run that doesn't have viable alternatives on Windows/Linux anyway that I don't miss it (there's just one app I miss, I'll cope).

Don't get me wrong, I still use my Macs, but they all date from 2008-2009 - Mac Pro from that era is still a beast of a machine and is only limited by virtue of being stuck on OSX 10.11. I still use PowerPC machines too. Modern Apple has lost it's mojo.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon