Reply to post: Re: @disgustedoftunbridgewells

Thanks, Brexit. Tesla boss Elon Musk reveals Berlin as location for Euro Gigafactory

codejunky Silver badge

Re: @disgustedoftunbridgewells

@james_smith

"No, but based on the conversations I've had with every leaver I've met, they're all ignorant of economics"

Thats understandable, most people are fairly ignorant of economics regardless of voting leave or remain. The doosies in the remain campaign for example providing solid ground to call it project fear.

"and very susceptible to bollocks printed by the likes of the Daily Mail."

Just as bad as those Guardian readers. Reading across a broad selection of media is pretty much a requirement to dig toward the facts being reported.

"80% of immigration to the UK is from outside the EU, so how lowering migration tied to leaving the EU? Answer is that it isn't."

I think you just shot down a lot of remainers there while upsetting some leavers. A fair points based system being very different from the poor implementation of importing from the promised land. The bit that irks me being that a number of friends worldwide want to come here and either do so as students or cant seem to get in, unless they are from the EU- they get special treatment.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon