Reply to post: Re: Selective deafness

Complete with keyboard and actual, literal, 'physical' escape key: Apple emits new 16" $2.4k+ MacBook Pro

Hans 1
Paris Hilton

Re: Selective deafness

We are all entitled to our opinions, but, owning an Apple computer is not a rational choice, it might he a hipster thing to do....

What is the bloody point of a 2mm thinner laptop if you need to lug around 8 devices and adapters ? (a separate battery, external hard drive and half a dozen adapters)

People who buy Apple computers are either not IT literate or idiots, no ifs buts or maybes.

Replies to points raised:

“ -removable/replaceable battery” - USB C battery.

Oh, another device to lug around ?

“ upgradeable RAM” - likely to buy a new machine before you need to do that.

You cannot be serious ... the thing comes with 4GB standard like it is 2007. I always end up maxing out my RAM for a platform as prices fall, I keep my computer for many years.

“ ditto SSD” - thunderbolt external disk.

Again, another device to lug around, but it gets worse, should the device fail, you're f'd, because smarty pants AppleCrook will not allow you to install to a Mac that does not have a functional internal drive. I am not sure if you can even boot a Mac from an external drive if the internal drive is broken.

“ -useful number of ports” - usbc/thunderbolt dock. These ports are infinitely more useful, plug in the right cable you have the port, be that hdmi, power, 10Gb ethernet, sdcard, whatever you need at the time.

So, you need to lug adapters for Ethernet, graphics, USB type A devices.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon