Reply to post: Selective deafness

Complete with keyboard and actual, literal, 'physical' escape key: Apple emits new 16" $2.4k+ MacBook Pro

David 132 Silver badge
Mushroom

Selective deafness

"Our pro customers tell us they want their next MacBook Pro to have a larger display, blazing-fast performance, the biggest battery possible, the best notebook keyboard ever, awesome speakers and massive amounts of storage, and the 16-inch MacBook Pro delivers all of that and more," claimed Apple’s senior director of Mac and iPad product marketing, Tom Boger.

I think, Tom, that you must have a failing pair of disposable EarPods wedged in your shell-likes and impeding your hearing, because Pro customers have also been asking for:

-removable/replaceable battery

-upgradeable RAM

-ditto SSD

-useful number of ports

...since, oh, about the last six years or so.

(Rant follows. Feel free to ignore.)

I used to be a huge Apple fan. Between 2006 (first Intel-based devices) and 2011 (last decently upgradeable iMac) I bought, for me, my wife and extended family, just about everything they offered - Macbooks (& Pros), iMacs, AppleTVs, iPads, iPhones... but no more. While they have this fanatical obsession with THINNER THINNER THINNER and hypocritical "we're SO green, but you can't upgrade any of our products and have to treat them as disposable" I am boycotting them.

There. I feel better for that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon