Reply to post: Re: Somewhat curious...

Heads up from Internet of S*!# land: Best Buy's Insignia 'smart' home gear will become very dumb this Wednesday

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Somewhat curious...

'My lot' decided to dictate, in the Holy Name of 'standardisation', which design tools shall be used by suppliers ...

Then at every procurement suppliers politely tells them to fuck themselves on that requirement or they won't do the work, 'my lot' says: 'OK, you do the work then we shall 're-design' everything that we just paid you lot to do with our poshi-posh tools and make it all better'.

Dumb supplier will say: 'Sure mate, whatever' while cutting corners on the contract because now they know 'we' are idiots here,

Clever supplier will say: 'Sure mate, but, how about we just build to your instructions instead since you lot are doing the design documentation anyway?' which means that they can both cut corners on the contract because now they know that 'we' are idiots here AND get away with it because now 'we' are design responsible.

Anyways, everything being safely in the hands of the morons leaves me more time for sending resumes to people. Problem Being: 'Everyone knows WE are IDIOTS here".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon