I too bagged firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they became available. I have quite a collection of impossible to remove associations, including:
- Australian kids' football club who are *very* annoyed that I won't just settle my namesake's debt
- South African Tag watch repair - who have had my namesake's watch for a couple of years, but won't talk to me unless I can tell them his postal address
- Several US department stores who want money
- Several genealogy sites answering questions I didn't ask
- A very angry lady who wants her passbook back
I tried quite hard to put these right at first but not anymore.