Reply to post: Oh dear.

Teachers: Make your pupils' parents buy them an iPad to use at school. Oh and did you pack sunglasses for the Apple-funded jolly?

LucreLout

Oh dear.

Four teachers from a school with a compulsory iPad policy in Limerick have racked up 13 Apple-funded trips abroad since 2015. They attended another five events in Dublin. Apple did not pay for flights but covered other costs.

Firstly, if the school want a compulsory iPad policy then they can bloody well buy them. If I'm buying the tech then I'm choosing something better value for money and which is likely to be more secure (just ask Jennifer Lawrence what she thinks about AppleSec).

Secondly, the teachers/staff shouldn't be getting paid jollies from any provider where parental purchase is mandatory. It's a clear conflict of interest and utterly impossible to separate from bribery.

This behavior is expressly prohibited in the real world, and should be in education also. I can't even give or accept a £30 gift for a client without a formal declaration and justification from a more senior manager first. Even going for lunch on a vendor is tricky unless we stick to the pub.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon