Reply to post:

The Outer Worlds: Ever wished Fallout 4 was more like New Vegas? Here ya go... in spaaace

baud

I've been watching a LP of this game and the writing vary from cool (rarely) to rather shite (often) with a solid middle of meh. I don't feel at all invested in the conflict with the corps, with the main character feeling more like a freelancer than a freedom fighter, mostly by the lack of credible alternatives. The corporations are more banal and stupid than evil and even then I don't feel their stranglehold, since a good chunk of the game time is spent beyond the corps' influence: I think the devs played too safe there, they should have been either further in the anti-capitalist arc or didn't try at all, by not featuring so heavily the corp angle. Companions are mostly unengaging with disappointing character arcs (except Nyoka, who successfully injected some emotion at the end of her arc).

It might be coming from the LP, but I doubt it since there's little to no commentary and just some backtracking and redundant fights are edited out.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon