Reply to post: Re: Seriously

A stranger's TV went on spending spree with my Amazon account – and web giant did nothing about it for months

Kiwi
Happy

Re: Seriously

I also bring enough cash with me to pay for petrol to get home and a meal or two. I could sleep in the car if I had to, but I don't have anyway of creating petrol to put in the tank. The other bonus is cash works if the network is down at the petrol station.

Same. I keep cash or petrol vouchers in the bike helmet and in a tucked-away place in the car (after all, if someone breaks into the car and steals the contents of the glove box, having a $100 in there isn't going to help me - and that's one of the more likely ways I'll wind up wallet-less). I can find a hay-barn or bridge or something on the bike, car's big enough to pass a night or two, but no cash=no gas.

Recently a nearby suburb had a powercut. Was interesting seeing the blank stares on the faces of people who couldn't contemplate the idea of using something so out-dated and unfashionable as cash. But while they were panicking about how long the power would be down, I was still shopping and going about my business as if nothing had happened (and enjoying the lack of artificial light and especially the lack of canned muzak!)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon