Reply to post: Re: The lowest common denominator

Google goes full Anti-Flash-ist, boots Adobe's insecure monstrosity out of web search index

bombastic bob Silver badge
FAIL

Re: The lowest common denominator

"Well JQuery's only 13 years old, so that's impressive"

There is NOTHING "impressive" about JQuery. It is nothing LESS than a poor quality HACK, working around early javascript limitations with what can ONLY be described as "unnecessary BLOATWARE".

Some idiot "developer" used JQuery on a project that I had to finish. I removed most of the JQuery-isms when fixing the problems, but a few still remain in "it works" code. Once they're GONE, the entire library goes into /dev/null for that project.

FLASH on the other hand, has inherent problems that have lead to its demise. Why ANYONE would allow "those plugins" to live on their computer or device amazes me. They are beyond security craters; they're like gaping security Einstein/Rozen bridges to HELL.

Flash kept a moving target "standard":for long enough to CONSTANTLY BREAK THE OPEN SOURCE VIEWERS (like gnash). Its security NIGHTMARE and closed source plugins made Linux and FreeBSD use of flash DIFFICULT at best, especially FreeBSD.

Still WORSE, many times a "flash upgrade" would INCLUDE SPYWARE BUNDLED ALONG WITH IT, such as menu bars and SPYWARE. You had to EXPLICITLY SHUT THAT !@#$% OFF EVERY! STINKING! TIME!!!

Adobe's aggressive INVASION with their "free plugin" was *JUST* *PLAIN* *WRONG*. It had frequent CERTs and (apparently) more SERIOUS security patches being applied than Windows itself. More often than not (at least for a while) it seemed that the frequent 'patch Tuesday of major concern' would be due to (you guessed it) the Adobe FLASH plugin or something that was side-by-side related to it, like MS Intarweb Exploiter.

And I thought NOBODY was using Flash any more... guess I was wrong about that.

Big FAIL Icon for Flash. And JQuery. And all of that CRAP WARE.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon