Reply to post: Oops

Antivirus hid more than 9,000 'cybercrime' reports from UK cops, says watchdog

NonSSL-Login
FAIL

Oops

It's almost as if someone called Bobby'); DROP TABLE reports; filled in a cyber report :D

Considering the police don't turn up for burglaries and other crimes these days, it amazes me that they will spend a lot of time and effort investigating when someone calls someone else a name on Facebook. Must be easy stats for the books....

I had the constabulary visit recently because I took three pictures of tree's/landscape in the park. Someone thought that was suspicious, despite there being no one being within view of the camera, followed me back to my car and reported my number plate. Despite no crime reported and taking pictures is perfectly legal as well as me having no previous for anything whatsoever, they thought it was worth sending two coppers to my door to question me.

On top of that, now my name is in the Police National Database until im 100 years old with that info so if for instance some young jogger in the park claims someone was taking photos of them, without any other info, a search for camera/photos and that park and i'm now number one suspect if they have no other info.

Self reported non-crimes and the police are now firmly in my bad books. Need a filter for 'real crimes' (c)

Now to find some police report forms with the EICAR string ready to paste in....j/k ;)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon