Reply to post: Re: If you haven't already...

Avast lobs intruders into the 'Abiss': Miscreants tried to tamper with CCleaner after sneaking into network via VPN

JCitizen
Flame

Re: If you haven't already...

So can LSO's and other file objects be deleted by "Bleach bit" like no other file cleaner I've EVER used can do? Just wondering? This is something I've proved over and over again using various scanners after a Trojan or any other malware object has previously be detected. After detection, I've run CCleaner and repeated various scans with various products, and never found the original script or batch file that caused the attempted infection in the first place.

If Avast's software is so ineffective, you have to ask yourself, why is it under attack? Yes I know Avast has become non sequitur after many years of success, but that is only because Microsoft operational security has become good enough that only a file cleaner need delete downloaded attack packages with ease. Now you better not have the UAC disabled, and the operating system not fully updated along with ALL applications. or opertated all the time as administrator online; But I've noticed again and again in my honeypot lab that past versions of CCleaner have proved they can remove anything that has not been able to execute - which is almost any thing that cannot take advantage of a zero day vulnerably installed on the machine.

So how bout it?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon