Reply to post: Re: Yes please...

UK culture sec hints at replacing TV licence fee, defends encryption ban proposals and her boss in Hacker House inquiry

Danny 2

Re: Yes please...

I refused to contact them to let them know I don't watch live TV, and I've received a threatening letter every week for the past six years. I object to the environmental waste but I keep it going because it helps subsidise Royal Mail.

It is cheeky/unjust that I can't watch commercial TV stations so I'd support a subscription service. I wouldn't subscribe, but I support the idea.

Here is an idea to save the BBC money, sack anyone on screen who earns more than the average wage. You'd have an army of volunteers replacing them just to get their faces on the telly. I was going to call the existing presenters 'Talent' but that would be too sarcastic.

[The only visit I from TV licensing guys was when I first had a cottage and a girlfriend. They interrupted an argument we were having about how little housework I did. She answered the door, and slammed it hard on them screaming, "Don't ask me, I only work here!"

I answered the next time, she'd stomped off fuming, and they asked me if I had a licence. I replied I had a shotgun licence and they were standing on my property without my permission.

His reply was priceless, "I'm going to tell my boss about you!"]

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon