Reply to post: Re: Is this even about technology?

A funny thing happened on Huawei to the bank. We made even more money. Hahaha. Here till Friday

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Is this even about technology?

"I think that control of the markets is most likely (duh follow the profits), but also I think it is something more fundamental."

It's not - look at how Qualcomm have behaved in the past with their technology and the negative effect it has had on other US companies. Ignoring Huawei in this, I suspect there was an argument for intervention in the CDMA/2G/3G/4G technology space in the US

The challenge that Huawei adds is that they are trying to play Qualcomm at its own game with patents and it has the potential to cause one or more of its competitors to walk away from the 5G infrastructure market leaving only Huawei/ZTE and one of Ericsson and Nokia in the game (Samsung will likely survive through usage in South Korea, the other bit players like NEC/NTT will likely have a similar part to play in Japan)

And no, this isn't an issue with company structures - this is an issue about whether you let the best company dominate the market IF they are not an American company.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon