Reply to post: Re: This requirement for paper bills/statements...

Not a death spiral, I'm trapped in a closed loop of customer experience

Da Weezil

Re: This requirement for paper bills/statements...

"purchasing booze, cigarettes, driving, using public transport, opening a bank account, renting property, get a job etc etc."

Im not sure where you live but it doesnt seem to be in the same UK as me.

You are NOT required by any law to carry your licence or indeed any form of ID when driving - and while the Police can ask for passenger ID - this would only usually be the case where there is a strong suspicion that the occupants of the vehicle had been involved in a particular offence, certainly I have not had any issues with roadside checks nor have my passengers.

Lasty month we purchased train tickets with cash for a weekend trip where I didnt want to drive and have thew hassle of parking, no ID required, and I have never had a bus driver demand "Ausweis Bitte" when paying my fare on on of my infrequent bus journeys so no NOT equired to use public transport.

Regularly pick up beer for a quiet evening at home and smokes for my disabled sister. No ID demanded and its not like I always go to the same place.

Landlord has never seen any ID for me and only recently started getting paid by Direct Debit rather than me popping it into his bank. It seems anyone can withdraw on a transfer order - even with the wrong name - but now - no one must ever pay into your account without chapter and verse of thier lives. Shows where thier priorities are all backwards!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon