Reply to post: Re: Do it our way or not at all

Creators Update meets its maker: It's 1903 or bust for those clinging to Windows 10 1703

Woodburner

Re: Do it our way or not at all

Go for a Long Term Support (LTS) release of Ubuntu and you will not be bothered by unnecessary feature updates for a few years. You still get kernel, security and hardware updates but these take a few minutes to install with minimal impact on system resources. You get a nice, secure, stable, familiar, OS for 3-4 years. I'm still a Windows fan and need it to run certain applications, but the current 6 monthly major release update cycle and the brutal amount of bandwidth and system resources it uses drives me mad. There is just no need. An annual cycle would be just fine, maybe even 18 months. Please Microsoft, stop fixing things that ain't broke. I only use Windows on machines I use for photo and video editing now. Any other PC's used for basic productivity and "consumption" are on Linux and I buy barebones machines wherever possible. I reckon I've saved over £500 on Windows licences in the past three years!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020