Reply to post: Economic boost of £1700 per worker?

Openreach's cunning plan to 'turbocharge' the post-Brexit economy: Getting everyone on full-fibre broadband by 2025

batfink

Economic boost of £1700 per worker?

Setting aside the fact that they don't tell us how long realising that benefit is supposed to take: whose arse have they pulled this figure out of?

I wfh most of the time. Yes, this is saving my current employer on desk space, but tbf they were saving that money before I got the fibre link. So, no extra advantage over ADSL there. I now no longer travel to work, so that actively takes money away from the local public transport provider. As I'm not in the office, I don't spend money on coffees or lunches, thereby taking money away from the purveyors of those things. I am also no longer wont to stop for several alcoholic beverages with my colleagues on the way home, thereby taking money away from the hostelries.

I can do what I need to do on a decent ADSL link. I have fibre because it's convenient, not because it brings extra income to my business.

Anyone for any guesses where they see this benefit coming from? Or are they just saying "this has £1700 per worker of economic benefit because that's how much we at BT will charge for the rollout"?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon