Reply to post: All too rose-tinted for me

Game over: Atari VCS architect quits project, claims he hasn’t been paid for six months

FuzzyWuzzys
Pint

All too rose-tinted for me

A lot of retro gaming, indeed retro anything, is usually rose-tinted. I tend to find that once in a while I have a craving for a bit of nostalgia, so I root out my 2600, Dragon32, AmstradCPC and Atari ST emulators. I spend about an hour messing about, I get my fill and and I'm sated for another 6 months or so. I've been messing about with retro gaming for close on 25 years now and each time I find my view is ever more rose-tinted and each time I "time travel" back it gets less and less interesting. Sometimes it's just best to leave the past in the past. I played Red Dead Redemption 2 the other day for the first time ever, loved it to bits, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the story telling, a great experience. Sorry to say that despite owning a 2600 at he age of 7 and loved its version of Space Invaders and it brings back great memories of me and my Dad playing it on a Sunday afternoon, things move on and you can't live in the past.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon