Reply to post:

GNU means GNU's Not U: Stallman insists he's still Chief GNUisance while 18 maintainers want him out as leader

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

"the behavior of its leader alienates a large part of those we want to reach out to"

(Citation needed)

Got any figures to back that up? And I mean more than three anecdotes about how RMS creeped you out by having a mattress in his office (he lived there). I mean actual figures. What percentage, exactly, constitutes "a large part"? What percentage is currently being alienated? Where did you get these figures? Can you show any work, or are you just making blanket assertions?

Of course, I'm speaking sense and logic, so none of this will be addressed at all. Instead I'll be labeled a misogynistic troll who lives in my mother's basement, because who gives a fuck about rational debate? Just scream shrilly until the thing you don't like today changes, then find a new thing you don't like tomorrow.

I just wish these people would scream about climate change. Isn't that more pressing? We should start a social media campaign to get carbon to step down from it's place in our atmosphere, it's interfering with my ability to not get flooded by rising sea levels and alienating a large part of humanity from being alive.

This bloodthirsty mob does realise that the muricans have a president who bragged about grabbing women by the pussy, right? Why don't they scream about that? Seems like more of a problem to me than RMS's (admittetly unwise, but also blown way out of proportion) remarks.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon