Reply to post: Re: Uh?

Google causes more facial-recog pain, machine learning goes quantum ­– and how to lose a job if an AI doesn't like your face

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Uh?

> I am already in your stupid store wasting my valuable time! Why the hell do you want me to use the company website to buy something you could be selling me yourself since ya know, I am here at your store to buy stuff?

I run into this all the time at the nearby big box book store. Popular book is shown on their web site but is invariably never available in the stores. "Oh, we don't have it in stock." ("Yeah... you /never/ do." I'm thinking.) "But I can order it for you and you can pick it up at the customer service counter when it comes in." chirps the friendly clerk behind the counter. "You mean you can't be bothered to have even a /few/ copies in the damned store? I have to order it and you're suggesting that it come here to the store so I can make a special trip /back/ to the store?" I look forward to their going-out-of-business sales when I can buy books for pennies on the dollar.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon