Reply to post: Re: ok so i'm out $10

Ever own a Galaxy S4? Congrats, you're $10 richer as Samsung agrees payout over dodgy speed tests

Charlie Clark Silver badge

Re: ok so i'm out $10

Have to say that the S10e I got the other month is really good and that's before I discovered it had DeX. Before that I had (and still have two second-hand S5s), which are still great, not least because of the IR-blaster.

The biggest improvement is probably onboard RAM – 128 GB – which means I currently have an SD-Card slot free for a second SIM. The second biggest improvement for me, because I use the phone to navigate when cycling, is that the screen is far less sensitive to water. With the S5 rain could be a real problem because the screen thought it was fingers. No problem at all with the S10, though I don't know if this is the screen or the factory-installed screen protector. More oomph and a bigger battery means that the phone lasts longer while navigating. But seeing as I always have a 5000 mAh powerpack with me, that's not so much of a problem. The screen is also more readable in bright sunshine, and I quite like the single punch hole for the camera. But, basically cumulative improvements that the S11 will have more of.

Biggest bugbear is that it will be a struggle to put LOS on it once Samsung inevitably decides that it doesn't need to provide updates. It took me a while to deactivate most of the crap that the phone comes with and get a naked, dark theme.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon