Reply to post: Re: Solution to the problem

Baby alert! Japan Air lets passengers book seats far away from screaming abdabs

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Solution to the problem

Sometimes when I've flown I've had no choice but to fly overnight with the expectation of being able to sleep on the plane as there was no other chance to sleep. Getting disturbed all night isn't a great deal of fun. It isn't being unreasonable to be allowed to sleep at night.

I've been on flights where there were young children who behaved really well. I've been there were kids are over excited & bored at the same time and had to much energy etc... that's life. Most parents do an admirable jobs of trying to keep them from causing too much disturbance. Babies cry that's what they do when they want something (the diags are shit, it can be difficult to know what).

But I've also been on flights where a baby has screamed blue murder from the time the plane starts to climb. They do this because they are in agony, they can't equalise the pressure in their ears and this can be excruciatingly painful. But there seem to be loads of parents who would rather inflict this pain on their kids than miss out on a sunny holiday.

There are also the parent of slightly older kids who book they kids into economy and then swan off to get drunk in business class. Leaving the rest of us to put up with the kids they don't want to be with.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon