Reply to post: So, turn the Internet upside-down over this?

Quic! Head to the latest Chrome version and try out HTTP/3

rnturn

So, turn the Internet upside-down over this?

> For example, if you leave your house and drive off, there will be a delay - sometimes a significant one - in receiving data as your device shifts from your home Wi-Fi to a cellular network. That can cause a video, or streaming music, or a secure connection to a website to stop or break.

That's it. It's the end of civilization as we know it. My video or music paused... I was unable to complete my Amazon purchase.... Because I started driving. This is another solution in search of a problem. Seriously... two major corporations decide on joining forces to eliminate the scourge of video pausing? Surely there's another reason they're not publicizing that's the real cause for this partnership.

Even holding my smartphone at a red light is a ticketable offense where I live. I don't want the thing anywhere where it could be considered a distraction and a cause for a moving violation. I'm safest when it's in my pocket and couldn't care less about my music streaming being interrupted while I'm behind the wheel.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon