Reply to post: Re: Bastards

Tesco parking app hauled offline after exposing 10s of millions of Automatic Number Plate Recognition images

paulf
Meh

Re: Bastards

In my experience, Tesco have failed extensively at the whole "Don't piss off your customers" thing. They only got away with it by being the 800lb Gorilla in the supermarket world. Issuing "fines" to people who stay too long in one of their shops is just the tip of the ice berg.

I came to the conclusion about 20 years ago that Tesco aren't just indifferent to their customers, they outright hate them. That's when I resolved to never shop there, other than perhaps twice a year for the things I can't get anywhere else. Any other supermarkets deal with CS questions cheerfully (mostly!) but in Tesco they always pick the most outwardly hostile people to staff the CS desk.

It's interesting to note how Tesco whine about people not using the in store cafes and deli counters (hence closing some former and most latter) without thinking perhaps people aren't stopping for coffee/breakfast/lunch or to wait for someone to serve their slice of cheese because they have to hurry out the door before they're charged £20 to park for 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Worth noting all the Aldis around here (Just outside the northern half of the M25) only give you 90 minutes to shop - but that's more than long enough considering how you get your shopping thrown at you by the checkout operator.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon